Containers change how developers build, test, and deploy code. Adopting them takes time. Using them the wrong way can slow down your delivery process.
But you don't have a team of engineers to dedicate to this like Spotify or Netflix do. Maybe you're a startup CTO with features to ship - you can't spend hundreds of hours on internal systems.
Using this free ebook as a guide, you won't need a dedicated sysadmin to have a productive container-based CI/CD process.
By the end of this book you will understand:
- The key benefits of using Docker containers and how to attain them.
- How deployment to Kubernetes works.
- How both our culture and delivery tools need to change in order to fully benefit from the agility that containers and cloud can offer.
You will be able to:
- Execute a detailed roadmap to adopting containers.
- Build and test applications with Docker.
- Perform canary deployments to Kubernetes on the major cloud providers (AWS, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud).
- Configure serverless CI/CD pipelines with Semaphore that automate the whole process.
This open book is licensed under a Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND). You can download CI/CD with Docker and Kubernetes ebook for free in PDF format (3.5 MB).
Table of Contents
Using Docker for Development and CI/CD
Deploying to Kubernetes
CI/CD Best Practices for Cloud-Native Applications
Implementing a CI/CD Pipeline