- Includes assignable problems, worked examples, and online solutions to modeling exercises
- Teaches students and professionals the fundamentals of building energy modeling and analysis using US DOE's open source modeling platform, OpenStudio
- Presents methods for tackling complex new construction or retrofit projects quickly and cost-effectively
- Reveals processes that boost building energy modeling productivity
- Conveys basic energy modeling concepts in the context of the broader set of skills professional engineers and architects need to design highly efficient buildings
- Discusses OpenStudio as an extensible platform that supports the development of innovative applications for building science research and design
Authored by key members of the OpenStudio software development team at National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
This open book is licensed under a Creative Commons License (CC BY). You can download Building Energy Modeling with OpenStudio ebook for free in PDF format (28.5 MB).
by Stefano Della Torre, Massimiliano Bocciarelli, Laura Daglio, Raffaella Neri
This book presents theoretical and practical research relating to the vast, publicly financed program for the construction of new schools and the reorganization of existing educational buildings in Italy. This transformative process aims to give old buildings a fresh identity, to ensure that facilities are compliant with the new educational and tea...
by Ian Robinson, Jim Webber, Emil Eifrem
Discover how graph databases can help you manage and query highly connected data. With this practical book, you'll learn how to design and implement a graph database that brings the power of graphs to bear on a broad range of problem domains. Whether you want to speed up your response to user queries or build a database that can adapt as your busin...
by Sven Teske
This book presents detailed pathways to achieve 100% renewable energy by 2050, globally and across ten geographical regions. Based on state-of-the-art scenario modelling, it provides the vital missing link between renewable energy targets and the measures needed to achieve them. Bringing together the latest research in climate science, renewable en...
by Bruno Daniotti, Marco Gianinetto, Stefano Della Torre
This open access book focuses on the development of methods, interoperable and integrated ICT tools, and survey techniques for optimal management of the building process. The construction sector is facing an increasing demand for major innovations in terms of digital dematerialization and technologies such as the Internet of Things, big data, advan...
by Sergey Makarov, Marc Horner, Gregory Noetscher
This book describes modern applications of computational human modeling with specific emphasis in the areas of neurology and neuroelectromagnetics, depression and cancer treatments, radio-frequency studies and wireless communications. Special consideration is also given to the use of human modeling to the computational assessment of relevant regula...