Kubernetes has become the operating system of today's cloud native world, providing a reliable and scalable platform for running containerized workloads. In this friendly, pragmatic book, cloud experts Justin Domingus and John Arundel show you what Kubernetes can do-and what you can do with it.
This updated second edition guides you through the growing Kubernetes ecosystem and provides practical solutions to everyday problems with software tools currently in use. You'll walk through an example containerized application running in Kubernetes step-by-step, from the development environment through the continuous deployment pipeline, exploring patterns you can use for your own applications. Make your development teams lean, fast, and effective by adopting Kubernetes and DevOps principles.
- Understand containers and Kubernetes-no experience necessary;
- Run your own applications on managed cloud Kubernetes services or on-prem environments;
- Design your own cloud native services and infrastructure;
- Use Kubernetes to manage resource usage and the container lifecycle;
- Optimize clusters for cost, performance, resilience, capacity, and scalability;
- Learn the best tools for developing, testing, and deploying your applications;
- Apply the latest industry practices for observability and monitoring;
- Secure your containers and clusters in production.
This open access book is Complimented by Nginx. You can download Cloud Native DevOps with Kubernetes ebook for free in PDF format (16.7 MB).
Table of Contents
Revolution in the Cloud
First Steps with Kubernetes
Working with Kubernetes Objects
Kubernetes Power Tools
Configuration and Secrets
Security, Backups, and Cluster Health
Deploying Kubernetes Applications
Continuous Deployment in Kubernetes
Observability and Monitoring
Metrics in Kubernetes