Anyone can be a scientist, and this issue we'll show you how. Whether you're interested in space, traffic, the oceans, or something else, there's a citizen science project for you. The world has never been more connected - so let's use that connectivity to make our planet better!
- We talk to a real-like scientist about the emotional links between making and materials;
- Turn empty drinks cans and a bit of 3D printing into a heat-exchange system for a laser cutter;
- Coax random numbers from a humble ESP32 board;
- Make music with a Raspberry Pi Pico;
- Build a glorious piece of retro tech in the shape of a crystal radio.
This open book is licensed under a Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-SA). You can download HackSpace Magazine: Issue 46 ebook for free in PDF format (42.2 MB).
Table of Contents
Meet the Maker: Matthew Read
How I Made: Crystal radio
Interview: Anna Ploszajski
Improviser's toolbox: Nails
In the workshop: Vinyl cutting
Tutorial Random number
Tutorial Retro Pie
Tutorial Laser cutter mod
Tutorial Finish your projects
Best of Breed
Review Pico screen
Review Hot plate