OpenIntro Statistics offers a traditional introduction to statistics at the college level. This textbook is widely used at the college level and offers an exceptional and accessible introduction for students from community colleges to the Ivy League. The textbook has been thoroughly vetted with an estimated 20,000 students using it annually.
Extra benefits of OpenIntro Statistics vs the expensive alternatives:
- Every student can access the textbook, even before the course starts, for free.
- Black-and-white paperbacks are on Amazon for $20.
- Students have forever access to the textbook PDF, including future editions, for free.
- We offer a variety of free supplemental resources, including videos and software labs, on openintro.org.
Self-study learners will be excited to find that:
- The textbook is well-maintained and is now in its 4th Edition.
- OpenIntro is heavily used in industry since it focuses on applied statistics.
- Additional resources on openintro.org, including videos and labs, help learners of all types.
This open book is licensed under a Creative Commons License (CC BY-SA). You can download OpenIntro Statistics ebook for free in PDF format (21.5 MB).
Table of Contents
Introduction to data
Distributions of random variables
Foundations for inference
Inference for categorical data
Inference for numerical data
Introduction to linear regression
Multiple and logistic regression
Data sets within the text