Three acknowledged experts in search engine optimization share guidelines and innovative techniques that will help you plan and execute a comprehensive SEO strategy. Complete with an array of effective tactics from basic to advanced, this third edition prepares digital marketers for 2016 with updates on SEO tools and new search engine optimization methods that have reshaped the SEO landscape.
Novices will receive a thorough SEO education, while experienced SEO practitioners get an extensive reference to support ongoing engagements.
- Comprehend SEO's many intricacies and complexities
- Explore the underlying theory and inner workings of search engines
- Understand the role of social media, user data, and links
- Discover tools to track results and measure success
- Examine the effects of Google's Panda and Penguin algorithms
- Consider opportunities in mobile, local, and vertical SEO
- Build a competent SEO team with defined roles
- Glimpse the future of search and the SEO industry
This open book is licensed under a Open Publication License (OPL). You can download The Art of SEO ebook for free in PDF format (10.5 MB).
Table of Contents
Search: Reflecting Consciousness and Connecting Commerce
Search Engine Basics
SEO Planning: Customizing Your Strategy
SEO Implementation: First Stages
Developing an SEO-Friendly Website
How Social Media and User Data Play a Role in Search Results and Rankings
Panda, Penguin, and Penalties
Mobile, Local, and Vertical SEO
Tracking Results and Measuring Success
Domain Changes, Redesigns, and Troubleshooting
SEO Education and Research
SEO Support: In-House, External, or Both?
An Evolving Art Form: The Future of SEO