So you're a manager, or at least you want to be, and you're looking for a good roadmap to help you prepare. If you want to be the kind of manager people really admire, this ebook is a good place to start. Instead of tactics and solutions, author Robert Hoekman, Jr. provides you with a belief system - an approach to solutions that you can use all the time, every time, with confidence.
Along with observations from many of the best minds in leadership, Hoekman shares approaches that helped him become successful in management roles. You'll learn about essential practices that will make team members want to follow your lead, such as being collaborative, giving credit away, managing distraction, and creating opportunities for others.
- Be the same person as manager that you were when you aspired to become one - the hungry kind;
- Instead of managing your people, clear a path to help them do great work;
- Communicate well and frequently: listen, ask questions, clarify, restate, absorb, and contribute;
- Understand how today's actions map to tomorrow's outcomes;
- Work with people to establish and communicate direction, and support everyone's efforts to get there.
This open book is licensed under a Open Publication License (OPL). You can download The New Manager Mindset ebook for free in PDF format (1.1 MB).